Animal Care Services Delivers New Program to Relieve Overcrowded Shelters
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – Having a large dog or several cats in the extended family is not always a good idea. Sometimes pets are not for everyone, and unfortunately many are left behind on a daily basis at overcrowded shelters that have to house other animals in need. Animal Care Services (ACS) is partnering with the Home-to-Home program to provide another option for residents to relocate their pets.
The Home-to-Home program allows pet owners to find new homes, reducing stress on the animal and relieving overcrowding at local shelters.
This is how it works:
- Find a participating shelter: Corpus Christi Animal Care Services.
- Complete a profile by uploading photos of your pet.
- Once approved, your pet’s profile will be published and promoted online using social media platforms.
- If anyone is interested in your pet, you will receive an email notification.
- If you are ready to relocate your pet, ACS can be a safe place for you to meet potential pet owners.
Home-to-Home is a free service; there is no charge to register an animal ready for adoption. ACS also suggests getting medical information about the new pet and taking it to a vet for a welfare checkup.
“I think this is an essential partnership and an essential means of rehousing our furry friends who otherwise would have made themselves homeless,” said Mayor Paulette M. Guajardo.
If you are ready to participate in the program by creating a pet for adoption or finding a new member for your family, visit: https://home-home.org/shelter/cacs/
Media representatives can contact Program Manager Joel Skidmore at 361-826-7274 or by email at [email protected]